Burning Spear News
AAPDEP Launches Project Black Ankh against Ebola in Sierra Leone
Dec 23, 2014
Response to Ebola Epidemic in West Africa
HUNTSVILLE, AL--In an effort to address the grave conditions of existence of African people in resource-rich Sierra Leone, we have established a number of clean water, community health and education initiatives throughout the country, where we have worked since 2005.
In accordance with our mission and in response to the ongoing Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) outbreak in Africa, the All African People’s Development and Empowerment Project (AAPDEP) is launching Project Black Ankh, an international fundraising and community health education campaign designed to meet the critical needs of our people in Sierra Leone, where Ebola is still on the rise.
The key features of Project Black Ankh include:
1) AAPDEP medical staff- lead training of 30 Sierra Leone-based community health workers in Ebola prevention and identification,
2) Identification of Ebola survivors and the families of those who have succumbed to the disease,
3) Distribution of food items, medical and sanitation supplies to 50 EVD affected homes, and
4) Psychosocial counseling in affected communities in an effort to help families and individuals reintegrate into their communities without stigma.
AAPDEP is a membership based nonprofit organization established in 2007 by the African People’s Socialist Party (APSP).
Our members are dedicated to developing community based projects which improve the quality of life of African people worldwide.
With a three – fold focus on health, agriculture and education, AAPDEP promotes self-reliance and self-determination as key to sustainable development.
Our goals are accomplished by collectivizing the vast skills of Africans around the world as we work to build dual power programs in African communities in the U.S., Africa, Europe and everywhere African people are located.
How You Can Help!
- Donate to AAPDEP today to help us meet our goal of raising the $27,000 needed to fully implement Project Black Ankh!
- Organize a fundraiser in your local community!
- Bring an AAPDEP organizer to your campus or community to raise awareness of the EVD epidemic in West Africa and raise resources for Project Black Ankh!
- Join AAPDEP’s medical team and help to build health care programs in Sierra Leone and other parts of the African world.
Africans, it is our responsibility to mount a collective response to the ongoing attack on our people’s ability to experience the health and happiness we deserve.
We must join with our brothers and sisters in West Africa and around the world to develop our capacity to smash Ebola and the conditions that created it.
Project Black Ankh is one of our strategies and AAPDEP is our organizational vehicle. Join us! Support Project Black Ankh today!!
For more information, please contact us at:
Email: [email protected]